One of our favorite 2009 apparel collections seen at MAGIC last month was Live Mechanics. As we watched LM’s charismatic frontman and owner Osa Odiase run us through his 2009 spring and fall collections, it was hard not to catch the designer’s infectious enthusiasm. Osa gives the impression that Live Mechanics is much more than just a way to make paper– it’s a lifestyle philosophy that he lives and breathes. The brand strives to mix global cultural and artistic influences to come up with a more thoughtful, sophisticated take on cutting edge street style. We dubbed Live Mechanics “the thinking man’s streetwear brand”.
|In 2000, Live Mechanics started with a small line of graphic tees and sweatshirts in Southern California. The line caught fire and they’ve since expanded to full menswear and womenswear lines. They’re carried from coast to coast in exclusive boutiques like Fred Segal, select larger retailers and DrJays.com.LM regularly sponsors live concerts and club nights in order to stay on top of the local underground music community with which the company has close ties.|
Live Mechanics SoJonesTV interview highlights:
- Osa explains the Live Mechanics mantra: “Pain Passion Progress”
- This year’s collections will have subtle 80’s retro influences. Look for velour sweaters, crest logos, argyle prints, Members Only homages
- His standout picks for spring and fall
- The “Victory Only” military leather jacket featured is now available in black
- Bonus footage at 2:20: Live Mechanics friend Ash Riser from Pistol Pistol performs outside the LM booth
Currently, much of the existing inventory for Live Mechanics is sold out. But here’s a few styles we like that are still available:
Stay tuned: we plan to follow up with Osa and Raphael on a regular basis.
More info on Live Mechanics
SoJones is about urban and hip-hop fashion. Keepin’ up? That’s SoJones.