SoJones just got some major sexy on at the powerhouse gym in Redwood City. Why, you ask? We got invited to try out the new Athos shorts because they track movements as you workout. With sensors and high-tech wearables being the craze these days, there isn’t much else of a place to do it all than at Redwood City- you have City Hall, movie theatres, and restaurants close by!
Our trainer was a real sweetheart, and now you have the chance to check out a piece of silicon valley history! Day 1 of my workout was tough: I had to do multiple sets of Leg press, Squats, leg lifts, and a buttocks push up that has my delts on fire. But it also made me think: how many more people will get into the workout craze now that they can skip a personal trainer? I gotta say, trying to push 200 on your last set will make you reconsider how much you actually work for your goals. SoJones goes harder with our partners, and we know that the check will come right back to us. Our expertise in SEO writing will show you plenty of things you never knew.
But what can really be the future for wearables? Will we see them at places like Mercedes Benz fashion week or will this stay in the silicon valley as experimenting with a society that loves to workout a little more than others? It’s a fact that you will see people around stanford running and jogging, but what we really want to know is if celebrities like Birdman would invest in a company like this. One investor we know about is Jermaine O’ Neal and that’s just part of the team. Maybe other companies like Reebok will join in the action because nationwide, there are still a lot of people that like to sleep on the couch while there is a lot of crap on the ground. The Athos sensors have proprietary sensors that will:
- Conform seamlessly to the contours of your body
- Are non-adhesive and built directly into the fabric
- Do not need to be wet prior to use
- Do not chafe
- Do not need to be replaced
- Warp Knit – Provides stability; while reducing fatigue and soreness
- Flat Seam Construction – Avoids chafing
- 4-Way Stretch – Full range of movement for any activity
- Sweat Wicking – Keeps you cool and dry
- UPF 50 Treatment – Protects skin from harmful sun rays
- Machine Washable
Then there is a core that you have to put in the shorts. The Core is the brain of the system; it contains the electronics and intelligence to collect and interpret your biosignals, sending your information to your mobile device via Bluetooth.
- 10 hours of continuous battery life – Just like an iPad
- Weighs less than 20g, and 2.5in tall – Lighter than 4 nickels and shorter than your index finger
- Impact resistant – Powers through anything you can
- 6-axis accelerometer – Movement isn’t enough without muscle activity
Look like something you would workout in?
Andre is a passionate lifestyle blogger. He enjoys writing about new trends, celebrities, and cars.