Sports fans and athletes alike are constantly on the lookout for stellar online sporting goods stores. Sporting goods stores typically stock a large assortment of products ranging from basic sports gear and apparel to outdoor recreation products. Several sporting goods stores have an extensive product selection with fan apparel, tailgating products, and sports health goods.
Athletes and sports fans seek out competitive deals on the most current athletic products. Whether you need sports footwear from leading brands like Nike, Adidas, and New Balance, or new gear for a specific sport like soccer, football, lacrosse, there are plenty of online options to fit your needs. Online sporting goods stores frequently run sales and offer free shipping to make your athletic products as affordable as possible.
Whether you play sports, lead an active lifestyle, or are an avid sports fan, online sporting goods shops can be your go-to source of athletic products. Below, we’ve provided overviews of the main sporting goods providers online today. With special programs, features, and products for each of these retailers, you’ll quickly discover which online store is the best fit for you.
Anthem Sports offers an impressive selection of sports gear brands, including Adidas, Nike, Puma, Asics, Skechers, Under Armor, Capelli, Champion, Converse, Easton, Everlast, Jansport, Moret Ultra, Rawlings, Smith’s Sprayground, Timberland, Unipro, Vans, and Wilson. Athletes can be especially particular about the brand of their gear, so Anthem Sports is a safe bet to satisfy those needs.
Anthem Sports provides gear and apparel for the following sports categories: baseball, basketball, field hockey, football, soccer, softball, track and field, and volleyball. For each sport, this online store carries an impressive variety of products, from mitts and cleats to training aids and portable goals.
Anthem Sports offers coach certified equipment to ensure the highest possible quality. All of the products on this website have been thoroughly tested and reviewed by coaches, athletic directors, players, and the Anthem Sports staff. Given that each product is held to an exceptionally high standard, you can trust its durability, functionality, and overall caliber. This will save athletes, fans, and sports parents from having to repurchase products or seek alternative options because of a disappointing purchase.
Anthem Sport is based out of Pawcatuck, Connecticut. It’s a family-owned and run business under the leadership of Mark Ferrara. Ferrara is a graduate of Boston University, where he was a player for the university football team, the BU Terriers. Anthem Sports was founded in 2002 and now boasts glowing reviews from customers across the country.
- Anthem Sports has an extensive fan section within their online store. It’s perfect to find gifts for major sports fans, or even just to stock up on what you need to cheer on your own favorite teams. From products themed for individual teams with the NFL or NCAA to “Sports Parent Survival Gear” and tailgating products, Anthem Sports has included everything that sports fans could want within a single online shop. You can even purchase air hockey tables, pool tables, shuffleboard tables, and ping pong tables at Anthem Sports.
- Anthem Sports offers a 30-day free return guarantee. New, unused products can be returned within 30 days in the original packaging for a full refund. Anthem Sports provides a free prepaid return label, and there are no restocking fees. This is a great feature for any online store, given that sometimes products are different when you receive them in the mail from what you were expecting. However, note that items delivered from a truck may require a 20% restocking fee, and special orders or custom orders can not be returned for credit.
- Anthem Sports offers a large “Sports Medicine” product category. Essential for serious athletes, sports medicine is a major component of rest and recovery after training and games. Plus, sports medicine helps athletes reach their full performance potential. In sports medicine, Anthem Sports offers braces, cold therapy, first aid, hydration, massage therapy, tape, treatment tables, scales, and sports medicine guides. Athletes, team managers, and physical therapists alike can benefit from this valuable product category.
- On the Anthem Sports website, you’ll see a “My Quote” button. This feature is especially for teams and leagues that need athletic gear or apparel in bulk. Team purchases are eligible for special rates and exclusive offers. All you need to do as a team manager, coach, or other sports team authority is create an account and view “Team Sales”.
Dick’s Sporting Goods is one of the largest sporting goods providers both online and in their physical store locations in the U.S. From apparel to footwear, team sporting goods to hydration tools, Dick’s sells an enormous range of products for athletic needs.
Dick’s Sporting Goods sells products from an enormous number of top brand names. Adidas, Nike, Columbia, Patagonia, Under Armor, and The North Face are among this store’s most prestigious brands. Additionally, Dick’s boasts a lengthy list of brands that are exclusive to their stores, including ETHOS, Alpine Design, Top Flite, and DSG, among others.
No matter what sport you play, Dick’s sells the gear and apparel that you need. Mainstream spots that Dick’s offers products for include baseball, basketball, running, football, soccer, lacrosse, and more. However, Dick’s also sells numerous products for athletes of more obscure sports and athletic activities, such as bowling, volleyball, yoga, scootering, and even table tennis.
Dick’s Sporting Goods has been around since 1948. The founder of the store was Dick Stack, and he was only 18 years old when he opened the store using money that his grandmother gave him. With that, Dick’s Sporting Goods began in Binghamton, New York.
Today, Dick Stack’s legacy lives on with Ed Stack as the current CEO and chairman of the store. The company now has headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and over 720 locations in the United States. On October 15, 2002, Dick’s Sporting Goods was launched on the New York Stock Exchange as “DKS”. The company also owns Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream, two sports specialty stores.
- The Dick’s Sporting Goods online store offers the best price guarantee. This means that if you find a lower price for a product at a different store, Dick’s will match that price so that you always get the best deal. This offer includes qualifying stores, (large retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Nike, Target, Macy’s, and Cabela’s make the list, among others), and products that are identical in brand, model, color and size. Sports goods shoppers can turn to Dick’s Sporting Goods for their product needs with the confidence in knowing that they’re getting the best price.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods offers an exceptional selection of footwear. Sneakers, athletic shoes, slides, sandals, boat shoes, boots, hiking shoes, cleats, and slippers are among their huge product range. A great perk of Dick’s online store is that you can easily view upcoming sneaker releases. Footwear is key to most athletic endeavors, and new shoe releases from major brands is of interest to many athletes. Under the “Footwear” section on the Dick’s Sporting Goods Website, you may select “Upcoming” to view the shoe designs that are on their way, as well as “Launched” to see the latest available models in athletic footwear.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods offers a “Fan Shop” to fulfill the needs of sports fans as well as athletes. You can shop by city or by league, including the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, and NCAA. Soccer features its own fan section, where you can search by major league soccer, national teams, and clubs to find your favorite team. You can also select “USA World Champs” to shop apparel from the winning U.S. teams.
- There’s even a “Tailgating Shop” featured on the Dick’s Sporting Goods online store. Within this section, you can shop for canopies, shelters, chairs, coolers, grills, water bottles, and cornhole sets to make your next tailgate one for the books. The addition of tailgating products in Dick’s massive goods selection shows the store’s dedication to both athletes and sports fans.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods offers free shipping for orders of $49 or more. This significantly helps minimize costs while you’re shopping online. Free shipping only applies to standard shipping and a few brands are excluded from the offer.
Academy Sports and Outdoors focuses on the joy of sports and outdoors in their extensive product selection. With a tremendous product selection including sports, recreation, hunting, fishing, camping, and grilling products, this online sporting goods provider is an excellent source for sports-related needs at reasonable prices.
Academy Sports and Outdoors is an online retailer with an extensive selection of sports apparel for men, women, and children. Workout clothing, fishing clothing, workwear, swimwear, hunting apparel, compression clothing, and even school uniforms are included in this retailer’s product selection. From uniform basics to innovatively designed sportswear, Academy Sports and Outdoors offers apparel at highly competitive prices. This online store is often running deals on their most popular items, so you can find great prices on your athletic clothing needs.
Academy Sports and Outdoors offers an extensive selection of accessories for both athletic and everyday needs. Sunglasses, backpacks, bags, and drinkware are included in the brand’s product selection. Products available at this site that are less expected for a sporting goods store include electronics (such as drones, speakers, earbuds, headphones, cameras, watches, scales, GPS, and more), toys, and luggage to streamline the traveling process.
The history of Academy Sports and Outdoors dates back to 1938, making it one of the longest-standing sporting goods stores online today. Max Gochman founded the Academy Tire Shop in this year in San Antonio, Texas. In 1939, the store’s name was changed to “Academy Super Surplus”, and in 1956, the company moved to Austin Texas. At this point, the business grew to four store locations. The name was changed to the store’s current title, “Academy Sports and Outdoors”, in 1995.
Currently, Academy Sports and Outdoors has over 250 physical stores in 16 states across the country. This sporting goods store employs more than 23,000 team members in the U.S., and their total sales have surpassed $4.9 billion.
- In addition to sports products needs, Academy Sports and Outdoors sells home and backyard products for active households. Their backyard recreation category includes trampolines, water parks, and slides, pools, backyard games, airsoft and paintball sets, swing sets, and outdoor toys for kids. This retailer also sells grills and outdoor cooking tools, dog supplies, and products for bikers and cyclists.
- Academy Sports and Outdoors has an extensive “Fan Shop” for sports enthusiasts. Whether you cheer on a team in the NBA, MLB, NFL, NCAA, NHL, or MLS, this online sports store has the team apparel, gear, and gifts for you. This store also sells tailgating products, like coolers, chairs, tables, canopies, drinkware, portable grills, and speakers for fans who love to tailgate at every game.
- This online sporting goods store offers free shipping and returns on most orders exceeding $25. Shipping costs can add up quickly when you shop online, so this low order total minimum to meet for free shipping is a major benefit of shopping at Academy Sports and Outdoors. Note that large or excessively heavy products may be excluded from this offer, and it only applies to standard shipping. Extra fast 1 and 2-day shipping options are available, but an additional charge applies.
- Academy Sports and Outdoors offers the option for shoppers to apply for their store credit card. Cardholders have access to unique benefits and offer when they shop. For one, you’ll receive $15 off your first purchase when you spend over $15 after getting approved for the card. Also, cardholders receive 5% off all of their orders every day, along with free standard shipping. Being an Academy Visa Rewards Card Member is a smart choice if you’ll be a frequent customer of Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Champs Sports sells products from an impressive selection of top brands, namely: Nike, Adidas, Puma, Champion, New Balance, Reebok, Converse, Asics, Under Armor, New Era, CSG, Jordan, and Fila. Champs Sports mainly stocks sports apparel and athletic footwear. This online store has extensive options available for men, women, and children. You can choose to sort your product search by apparel, accessories, brands, or even shoe size.
Champs Sports displays trending products so that shoppers can stay in the know about top athletic offerings. From the leading brands listed above, Champs frequently runs fantastic deals on the latest sports apparel and footwear models. Additionally, this brand is often offering free shipping deals so that you can save as much money as possible while shopping online.
Champs Sports is a popular brand name from the Foot Locker, Inc., a major global retailer. Foot Locker has headquarters in New York City and marketing channels throughout North America, Asia, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. The underlying goal of Footlocker Inc. is to “inspire and empower youth culture” across the globe. This aim is evident in Champs Sports marketing tactics and trendy product selection.
Foot Locker was founded in 1974, and Champ Sports was added as one of their main brands in the 1980s. Today, there are more than 550 Champs Sports stores in operation, and the business employs thousands of workers worldwide.
- One element of Champs Sports that sets it apart from other online sporting goods stores is the addition of “Champs TV”. This page on the store’s website features a large collection of entertaining videos on topics relating to athletic shoes and apparel, fashion, and sports. These videos and series are exclusive to Champs Sports, featuring energetic personalities along with valuable content. Shoppers can enjoy learning about new products and revelations in the sporting industry by watching Champs TV.
- At Champs Sports online, shoppers can view upcoming and recently launched athletic products. This makes it easy to stay up-to-date on the latest sports gear releases. Athletes, in particular, will appreciate their listings of new, innovative sneaker models from top brands like Jordan, Nike, Reebok, Puma, and more.
- Champs Sports has a VIP member program. VIP members enjoy various rewards and special offers that make the program a smart choice for frequent Champs Sports shoppers. When you first join the VIP member program, you’ll receive a $10 off coupon for a purchase of $50 or more. Additionally, you’ll gain early access to sales, meaning that you’ll be the first to know about coupons and major deals. VIP members also receive a birthday offer and will get automatically upgraded to the platinum member level after spending $300 in a single year. Platinum VIP members at Champs Sports earn another welcome offer, access to special events and giveaways, and earn gift cards for every $100, $150, and $200 spent.
- Champs Sports has an advanced app to keep athletes and sports fans updated in real-time on new product releases and promotions. The app also has a store locator feature and enables you to manage your VIP member account on the go.
Lisa has a Bachelor’s of Science in Communication Arts. She is an experienced blogger who enjoys researching interesting facts, ideas, products, and other compelling concepts. In addition to writing, she likes photography and Photoshop.