Vintage clothing is highly sought after by fashionistas everywhere. Vintage apparel will make you stand out in a crowd with eye-catching details that are reminiscent of previous decades. Not only is vintage clothing fun, but it’s also a wonderful way to explore the history of fashion and learn about past cultures.
Vintage clothing is notoriously difficult to get your hands on, but the Internet is changing that. Today, there are countless great online vintage clothing stores that shoppers all over the world can order from. With varying specialties and one-of-a-kind styles, these online shops are treasure troves for retro style enthusiasts.
Here, we’ve rounded up our favorite vintage clothing shops with an online presence. You can visit these sites from just about anywhere in the world and gain access to unparalleled vintage pieces. Happy shopping!
Modcloth sells an extraordinary selection of vintage clothing, accessories, and even home products! With a dedication to clothing that’s one-of-a-kind, Modcloth fosters a desire for unusual outfits that make a statement in their customers. Modcloth ships worldwide, so fashion lovers in any country can enjoy truly original clothing in their wardrobes.
Modcloth has an extensive sale section, with some items marked down below $10! There are always plenty of items on sale at Modcloth, which is great news for any deal-hunting shoppers. This online store also has sales on all of their product categories, from dresses to shoes to swimwear and everything in between.
Modcloth shoppers can subscribe to the site by providing an email address. When you provide Modcloth with your email address, you’ll receive a 15% coupon for your first order. Plus, Modcloth email subscribers get exclusive access to deals, the latest product offerings, and other Modcloth-related news.
ModCloth began in 2002 when founder Susan Gregg Koger made a business out of her love for vintage clothes (with the assistance of Eric Koger, who is now her husband). ModCloth made its first sale on its first day – this first sign of Modcloth’s enormous success to come. Eric helped with the creation of an ecommerce website, while Susan contributed the incomparable vintage clothing finds. The goal was to build a brand with Modcloth, and the site gained attention early on.
In a few short years, Modcloth began getting 70,000 new shoppers on a daily basis, and Susan took the company on as her full-time job after her graduation from Carnegie Mellon in 2006. To build the business, Eric and Susan visited a large fashion trade show in Las Vegas to acquire clothing in a range of sizes. From then on, Modcloth had an inventory to offer its shoppers.
In 2007, Eric took Modcloth on as a full-time job, too, and the company raised millions in capital. In 2012, Modcloth had over $100 million in sales. Today, Modcloth has hundreds of employees and physical store locations in New York City, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and Austin, Texas. At these storefronts, shoppers gain the help of a ModStylist, try on the pieces that they’re interested in, then can have the items shipped to their home for free! This unique business model is just another reason why ModCloth stands apart from the rest.
- One of Modcloth’s key features is the large range of sizes that they stock. In their lovely retro clothing, you can find sizes from 00 to 28, so women of all shapes and sizes will find their perfect fit. In today’s world, where body confidence and size diversity are highly celebrated, Modcloth is right on trend.
- Modcloth stresses the value of community among their customers. Specifically, Modcloth works to build a supportive alliance of confident, unique, and independent women. Coupled with their gorgeous vintage offerings, Modcloth is a perfect shopping outlet for modern young women.
- Modcloth offers the services of their “ModStylists” team to shoppers. This team provides free, fast, and individualized style advice for Modcloth customers. You can get in touch with these style specialists through the online “LiveChat” service, phone call, email, or by scheduling an in-person consultation. ModStylists can help with questions about products, size and fit, and even gift ideas for your fashionable loved ones.
Beyond Retro selects garments and accessories for their product stock painstakingly, ensuring that each product is unique and on the cutting edge of fashion. The Beyond Retro team sifts through fashions from street style, international runways, and editorial materials to direct them in product selection. Plus, this skilled, creative, and artistically-inclined buying team uses their own personal fashion input to deliver innovative looks for customers.
To put the garment selection process at Beyond Retro into perspective, only one in every 1,000 garment is chosen for sale. So, every product that’s listed at Beyond Retro is sure to be a special find. The buying team even makes use of unique fashion-tracking software to stay up-to-date on weekly trends.
- Beyond Retro has a rewards program that can provide significant savings to customers who sign up. Members will earn points with every purchase, along with bonus points when they refer a friend. The program also gives you points for your birthday that can be redeemed towards fashion savings. If you’re an online vintage shopper who’s always on the lookout for a fantastic deal, Beyond Retro Rewards is a great option for you.
- Beyond Retro has eight physical retail locations in the United Kingdom and Sweden. But, you can order from this retailer from international locations, too. Depending on the area from which you order, international shipping from Beyond Retro can get pricey. However, your items will typically get delivered within three to ten working days.
- Many vintage clothing stores based online only offer clothing and accessories geared at women. Beyond Retro is different because it offers a sizable product selection for both men and women.
As a worldwide vintage clothing shop, Dirty Birdies Vintage is an awesome choice for retro style lovers around the globe. Dirty Birdies Vintage has a unique take on vintage clothing, with original offers that have a midwestern touch. This rustic, bohemian style is sought-after by people everywhere and makes for an individual, eye-catching look.
Dirty Birdies Vintage sells jeans, shorts, dresses, skirts, and shirts of all sleeve lengths. Their product selection also includes sweaters, jackets, vests, coats, swimsuits, lingerie, footwear, and accessories. Dirty Birdies even sells home items and decor for anyone who wants to deck out their homes with distinctive pieces.
Dirty Birdies Vintage is headed up by two sisters in Iowa City, Iowa. The midwestern flair of their town inspires the original product selection of this vintage shop. The Dirty Birdies Vintage sisters seek out the wholly unique products for their shop by scouring thrift shops, auctions, estate sales, garage sales, barnyards, and even roadsides. Their dedication to vintage fashion enables Dirty Birdies Vintage to continue growing its presence in the realm of retro style.
- Dirty Birdies Vintage boasts a successful Etsy shop. With thousands of 5-star ratings, (over 10,000, to be exact), it’s fair to say that this vintage shop is a leader among its competitors on the Etsy platform. The Dirty Birdies Vintage Etsy shop has been around since 2008 and boasts over 37,000 sales.
- The target customer of Dirty Birdies Vintage is adventurous and open-minded, with a strong desire to stand out in the crowd. This means that their product selection has an original touch that you just won’t find anywhere else. Dirty Birdies Vintage is a stellar choice for fashion lovers with a bohemian edge seeking out a totally one-of-a-kind style.
Retro Daisy is an established vintage fashion shop with a sharp focus on glamorous, feminine, pin-up fashion. With styles from the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s, Retro Daisy puts a modern spin on garments with old-school sophistication.
The Retro Daisy online shop has the following main product categories: accessories (including petticoats, shoes, bags, and lingerie); dresses, coats, and jackets; menswear (including shirts and trousers), separates (including tops, skirts, trousers, and knitwear), and swimsuits, playsuits, and jumpsuits. This extensive selection of retro styles provides something for everyone.
- On Retro Daisy, shoppers have the option to “Shop the Era”, with the choice between the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. The styles of the 1940s are defined by Hollywood glamour, with tight mid-calf skirts, sweetheart necklines, and satin boleros. The 1950s were the years in which pin-up styles reigned, with tight halter tops and dresses, circle skirts with box pleats, and high-waisted shorts. When many people think of women’s fashion in the 1960s, they think of the iconic model Twiggy. This era brought the mod trend, with short, boxy dresses and collared blouses.
- Retro Daisy gets new stock in every single week, so even the most discerning shopping won’t lose interest. The shoppers at Retro Daisy seek out impeccable vintage garments and accessories of all types – not just dresses and formal wear. From professional pencil skirts and trousers to cosy knitwear, this vintage shop has an incredible assortment of garments to fit any need.
Rokit is a UK-based vintage clothing store. It stocks an impressive volume of items for both men and women, making it a top choice for retro items among shoppers everywhere. This shop features clothing and accessories from the 1930s up to the 1990s, honoring the distinctive fashion trends of each respective decade. Rokit has become a respected and loved source of vintage clothing and accessories among fashionable Londoners. Now, with international shipping from their online store, trendy shoppers all over the world can add Rokit’s unparalleled styles to their wardrobes.
Rokin got its start in 1986 in Camden. At first, this clothing shop was a humble market stall for retro styles. Since then, Rokit has grown remarkably. With four physical stores across London, namely a location in Covent Garden and another in Brick Lane, Rokit has become a hugely successful name in vintage fashion.
- Rokit is dedicated to being an environmentally responsible clothing retailer. In the past 30 years, this company has recycled more than a million tons of clothing and accessories that had been thrown out. The mark that we’re making on the environment is of the utmost importance and urgency – Rokit understands that.
- Rokit has an efficient and standardized shipping process. For orders within the United Kingdom, deliveries will arrive within one to three business days, depending on the selected shipping option. For international orders, purchases generally will be shipped within ten working days – a wonderfully quick overseas delivery time. So, once you make your purchase on Rokit, you’ll have your fashion goodies at your doorstep ASAP! Plus, postage on orders within the United Kingdom of more than £50 is free!
- You can save £10 off of your first order of £40 or more on Rokit simply by subscribing to the shop’s regular newsletter. The newsletter contains the latest news from Rokit, including new vintage fashion arrivals.
Unique Vintage is a large, established vintage retailer with a strong online presence. Their online shop features clothes, dresses, swimwear, wedding, and flapper attire, along with an extensive plus-size section. You’ll find everything from 1920s fashion reproductions to pinup styles – this site even sells vintage menswear.
Unique Vintage has an entire “New Arrivals” page filled with fresh vintage finds. From simple T-shirts to full-length gowns, there’s something for everyone in the comprehensive Unique Vintage product selection.
Unique Vintage began in 2000. The shop’s founder, Katie Echeverry, was working as a pharmaceutical sales rep and dedicating her weekends to thrift shopping in search of vintage finds. Unique Vintage began as only an online vintage clothing seller, expanding to its physical location in Burbank in 2008. In 2011, with the increasing success of the company, the Burbank location was renovated to include over 4,000 square feet. Since then, Unique Vintage has enjoyed increasing success and growing recognition in the world of vintage fashion.
- At Unique Vintage, you can shop by era, which is a major perk for retro shoppers. The eras included are the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, and the 1970s. These easy-to-access categories on the Unique Vintage website make it simple for shoppers to find exactly what they’re looking for.
- Unique Vintage even has a Bridal Shop for vintage-loving brides. This clothing shop has wedding dresses in sizes ranging from XS to 5X. The Unique Vintage Bridal Shop has wedding dresses in all of the vintage styles you could imagine, from quirky flapper wedding dresses to tea-length dresses and even antique lace options. The Bridal Shop also features all of the wedding accessories you could ever want, from shoes to veils to tiaras and everything in between. Unique Vintage even has options for bridesmaids, the mother of the bride, flower girls, and other members of your wedding party.
- Unique Vintage has a physical storefront in Burbank, California. There, you can browse their huge selection of vintage styles and try them on to find your perfect fit.
- Unique Vintage has had items of their inventory featured on major TV programs including Glee, Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, True Blood, and American Horror Story. This vintage clothing provider also boasts celebrity shoppers including Elle Fanning, Zooey Deschanel, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ariel Winter, and Teri Hatcher.
“It’s Vintage Darling” is an online clothing shop based in the United Kingdom. It specializes in vintage clothing and accessories dating back to the 1900s through the 1990s.
It’s Vintage Darling ships their stylish goods internationally, not just in the UK, making it a top choice among vintage enthusiasts all over the world.
A relatively young online vintage store, It’s Vintage Darling has been around since August, 2006. Launched out of the United Kingdom with the aim of providing shoppers with unique fashion finds from the 1900s through the 1990s, It’s Vintage Darling has enjoyed steady growth as a business. In the years since its inception, It’s Vintage Darling has been featured in several national and international publications including boutique and Company, two major fashion magazines.
- It’s Vintage Darling sells vintage clothing, dresses, handbags, and even vintage bridal attire. The selection of vintage handbags on this website is exceptional, and handbags are certainly their largest product category. From classy 1950s clutches to edgy 1980s handbags, Its Vintage Darling offers a stunning array of vintage bags for any retro fashionista.
- The stock that you see on the It’s Vintage Darling website isn’t a full representation of the large stock that they carry. With a constantly changing selection of available products, It’s Vintage Darling often has vintage items in stock that haven’t yet been listed online. So, if you’re not finding exactly what you’re looking for on their website, try reaching out to It’s Vintage Darling personally – they may just have the perfect item for you.
Lisa has a Bachelor’s of Science in Communication Arts. She is an experienced blogger who enjoys researching interesting facts, ideas, products, and other compelling concepts. In addition to writing, she likes photography and Photoshop.