Cloud computing and related services have become an integral part of the life of both ordinary people and companies. People may not even realize that they are using the cloud. In this article, we will look at the concept of cloud computing, types, models, and main advantages.
What is called cloud computing?
Cloud computing is the use of special computing services over an Internet connection. Cloud services consist of storage, network, database, software, mining, server, and analytics tools.
Many people will think “why do we need cloud computing when these services can be used without cloud computing?” In fact, this solution helps with improving the pliability of various resources, introducing new mechanisms, and lowering the cost due to scalability in cloud computing. The company eliminates the necessity to purchase expensive equipment, software and hire new specialists. You just pay for cloud work resources and additional services.
The models of cloud technologies
- IaaS (which is Infrastructure as a Service) is used to access “working out” resources and corporate storage. You rent an entire IT infrastructure from a remote supplier and render for the means you used.
- PaaS (which is Platform as a Service) submits the instruments and tools for building and hosting web apps in the space of the Internet avoiding caring about the call for administering and regulating the standard architecture of databases, storage, networks, and servers.
- SaaS (which is Software as a Service) provides an out-of-the-box web application that is created and supervised by a cloud provider. Email is a prime example.
According to the method of applying the cloud, the following kinds are distinguished:
- private: created and maintained for a specific organization, which gives access to its users. The platform will be owned either by the organization itself or by the service provider;
- public: an infrastructure that is accessible to numerous companies and services. Cloud hosting is essentially a public cloud;
- hybrid: in this case, some resources are allocated for general use, and some are “booked” for an individual customer.
Reasons to use cloud computing
When using cloud computing, you don’t have to buy software and facilities, allocate and equip premises, pay for equipment support. Thus, only what you’ve used has to be paid.
If you are short on resources, you scale them according to the needs of the company. This makes the network flexible and eliminates the possibility of downtime.
Cloud service procurers are adopting dedicated technologies to protect the clouds. Safety services include disaster recovery, data backup, administration, and other control tools that help maintain a high level of protection against various failures and attacks.
You have access to a wide range of technologies and capabilities at an affordable cost. So the company can implement various ideas based on new solutions. Moreover, you have the opportunity to experiment more to improve the productivity and quality of the company’s products and services.
Lisa has a Bachelor’s of Science in Communication Arts. She is an experienced blogger who enjoys researching interesting facts, ideas, products, and other compelling concepts. In addition to writing, she likes photography and Photoshop.